Design Principles

The three websites I checked out were:
1. Design of the World
2. Inspiration Grid
3. The Design Inspiration

Illustrations by Dániel Taylor

My first example are illustrations by the Hungarian artist Dániel Taylor. I like these art pieces because they are very whimsical and surreal. They don't take a very realistic approach, which is a trait that I enjoy because it's fun to be transported to a world that is not your own. The artist has a very good understanding of contrast and how to use it to make the piece stand out.

Concept Art by Artur Sadlos 

My second example is concept art that was illustrated by the Tokyo-based concept artist, Artur Sadlos. This artist makes concepts for video games, film, and animations, which are all things I am very interested in so it's cool to see the artwork that is behind them. The artist is very talented at drawing terrain and is also very good at depicting size, as a lot of his pieces include monsters that are the height of skyscrapers. Considering for the future website assignment, I would like to make my website about videogames, these art pieces are a very good inspiration for what I could include in the website. As an artist, these pieces really inspire me to improve my skill at drawing terrain and background because it can really pull a piece together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fair Dealing and Copyright in Canada